This workshop will focus on the evaluation and treatment of male sexual disorders. Didactic presentation, group discussion, and clinical case examples will be utilized in order to demonstrate the complexities and vagaries of understanding and treating male sexual problems. Topics will include Erectile Dysfunction, Rapid and Delayed Ejaculation, Problems with Desire, and the effects of chronic health conditions on sexuality. Emphasis will be on the relational aspects of sexuality, as well as the clinical and ethical controversies associated with the current treatment modalities for male sexual problems.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Describe 4 commonly seen male sexual dysfunctions/disorders.
2. Explain 3 effective assessment techniques.
3. Explain 3 effective treatment techniques.
4. Describe the flow of case management from referral through assessment and treatment.
5. Discuss how to help men with chronic illness find satisfying ways to express their sexuality.
6. Explain at least 2 nuances and complexities of the meaning sexuality has for many men.
9:00-9:30 Introduction/Overview of the Day
9:30-10:30 Understanding Male Sexuality (Overview)
10:45-11:45 The Assessment Process
11:45-12:30 Overview of Male Sexual Dysfunctions
1:30-2:30 Treatment Techniques
2:30-3:00 Male Sexuality and Chronic Illness
3:15-5:30 In-depth Case Analyses