- Describe realistic sexual goals for long-term couples.
- Explain the disadvantages of common approaches to infidelity.
- Describe an existential-based approach to treating infidelity.
- List four limitations of the sexual addiction model.
- Describe an alternative to the sexual addiction model.
- Describe what a “sexual narrative” is, how to assess patients’ sexual narratives, and how to use thisinformation clinically.
- Explain the range of reasons that people use pornography, and how pornography use typicallyaffects consumers and their partner if they have one.
Marty Klein, PhD has been an MFT and Certified Sex Therapist for 39 years. A founding editorial board member of the Journal of Porn Studies, his recent book (his 7th) is His Porn, Her Pain: Confronting America’s PornPanic With Honest Talk About Sex. Marty has trained tens of thousands of professionals in human sexuality in over 40 countries; audiences invariably describe his workshops as thought-provoking, down-to-earth, and entertaining.
Marty appears regularly in national media such as The New York Times, National Public Radio, and the Daily Show. Regularly called upon to give expert testimony in human sexuality in state and federal courts, he recently gave two Congressional briefings on evidence-based sex education. His award-winning Sexual Intelligence blog is at www.SexEd.org.