In this webinar Sex-Positive Therapist, Sex-Researcher and Author Galen Fous MTP, will introduce the principles of Sexual Integration Therapy (SIT).
SIT is an emerging sex therapy model, developed over 20 years, that supports clients to explore the depths of sexual ecstasy and intimacy their sexuality offers, while resolving the internalized shames, fears, compulsions, and traumas that may resist its fullest expression.
The webinar will include quantitative and qualitative data sets from Galen’s ground-breaking research on the psychological dynamics of sexual fantasy. With over 8000 participants, the research reveals the depths and range of human sexual desire, as well as what inhibits its honest, shame-free expression. There will also be 30 minutes of real-time case-study material from client SIT sessions.
SIT supports clients to:
- Claim their birthright to be fully expressed sexual beings in their life and relationships, in ways that are informed, consensual and negotiated.
- Address internalized shames, fears, harsh sex-negative judgments, or past traumas that interfere with or inhibit the honest, embodied, confident expression of their sexual desires.
- Shift compulsive, secretive, unhealthy sexual behaviors, often labeled sex/porn addiction, into honest, confident, authentic sexual expression.
- Integrate their authentic sexuality into their everyday life in a way that is in integrity with their values, responsibilities, agreements, and relationships.
- Embrace and explore the ecstatic depths of pleasure their authentic sexuality offers in a mature, responsible fashion.
SIT considers that when a client learns to claim their innate sexual birthright as a human being, they will realize there is nothing about their authentic sexual nature that deserves to be shamed, feared, nor hidden. In fact, their sexuality can and should be held up and celebrated as the gift it is, for themselves…and their partners.
SIT grew out of recognizing there was a need for alternative therapeutic support models for clients with sexual concerns who did not respond successfully to a solely cognitive/behavioral diagnostic model, nor a pathologizing addiction treatment model.
Sexual Integration Therapy takes a comprehensive approach that draws from clinical, depth, analytical, positive, somatic and transpersonal theories of psychology. SIT also utilizes imaginal right-brain symbolic practices (versus cognitive left-brain) to access meaningful unconscious content that may be important to understanding real world behaviors that impact the client’s healthy sexual expression.
SIT also introduces new theoretical concepts such as Sexual Authenticity Disorder, the Personal Erotic Myth, the Psychological Structures of the Sexual Unconscious, Sexual Embodiment, Sex is Friction – Eros is Myth, Sexual Integration, the Body as Analog of the Unconscious, and much more.
We will also review quantitative and qualitative data sets and correlations from the Personal Erotic Myth Research Surveys, highlighting the range and depths of people’s sexual fantasies, the effects of porn viewing on relationship satisfaction, impacts of early age sexual shaming or trauma, age of sexual awakening and much more from the 8000 survey participants.
At the conclusion of this workshop you will be able to:
Explain the Six Keys for Integrating Your Sexuality into Your Everyday Life
Sexual Authenticity – your sexuality is your birthright
Sexual Honesty – the gateway to the depths of intimacy
Sexual Empowerment – being authentically present and embodied sexually
Sexual Shadow – Bringing secretive compulsive sexual behaviors to light
Paradox – your mild to wild sexuality and your noble humanity are one
Sexual Healing – Untangling unconscious shame, fear and trauma from sexual desire
Describe the 6 Empowerment Activation Techniques to Reclaim Agency for Disempowered Aspects of the Self.
Acknowledging Your Personal Power
Embodying Your Power
Finding Your Inner Champion
Taking Your Power Back
Putting Intention into Action in the World
Develop Meaningful Empowering/Healing Practices (aka rituals)
Discuss the Qualitative/Quantitative Data from the Personal Erotic Myth Survey.
Learning Concepts Introduced:
- Sexuality as Birth-Right and Integral to Your Wholeness
- The Unprecedented Wave of Sexuality Emerging in this Era.
- People Leading Secret Sex Lives –The Epidemic of Sexual Secrecy
- Sexual Authenticity Disorder – Extreme Fear of Revealing your Sexual Truth
- Is Sex/Porn Addiction the Problem or the Symptom
- Shifting Sexual Compulsivity aka Sex/Porn Addiction to Sexual Authenticity
- The Psychological Dynamics of Sexual Fantasy
- Untangling Fear, Shame & Trauma from Sexual Desire
- Helping Clients become Conscious Honest and Empowered Sexual Beings
- Understanding the Sexual Shadow’s Agenda
- Erotic Mismatches – How to Claim Your Sexual Autonomy and Negotiate Differences with Your Partner’s Sexuality
- Exploring what “Normal” means…to you!
- Exploring a client’s Personal Erotic Myth (and your own!)
- Examining, Owning and Taking Back your Own Projections About your Clients Sexuality.
- Using Imaginal or Ritual Practices to Help Clients Go Deeper into Meaningful Unconscious Content
- Sex is Friction-Eros is Myth…The Archetypal, Symbolic and Primal Narratives composing the Personal Erotic Myth
- The Importance of Being Mindful, Present and Embodied
- Learning Impeccable Respect for Boundaries and Consent
- Personal Erotic Myth Research Survey –Intriguing results from over 8000 respondents mapping the collision of fear, shame, or trauma with sexual development and desire
About Galen Fous MTP: Kink-positive therapist, author, educator & sex researcher Galen regularly presents at sexuality conferences, and lectures at universities and grad schools on the sexual psychology of sexual fantasy, Kink and D/s-BDSM. He has been interviewed in numerous national media such as Playboy radio for his innovative views on conscious sexuality and the archetypal, mythic nature of Fetishsexuality. He has a Masters in Transpersonal Psychology from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology. Galen is the author of the highly acclaimed book, Decoding Your Kink – Guide to Explore, Share and Enjoy Your Wildest Sexual Desires https://GalenFous.com. Galen works with clients in person in Portland, OR or via Skype or phone. His focus is to help individuals to be honest and empowered in their sexual identity and expression, and resolve the decades of fear, shame and judgments that held their authentic desire back.