This class will provide you with the tools to diagnose and assess for eating disorders while examining their comorbidity with sexual health issues. Emphasis will be placed on the integration of cutting-edge research with evidence-based protocols to help the general practitioner feel more confident supporting clients with both eating disorders and sexual health challenges.
- Learning Objectives Describe two measures for assessing eating disorders.
- Describe four presentations of how eating disorders may interfere with clients’ sexual health.
- Explain three levels of treatment for eating disorders and the common issues at each stage.
- Explain two modifications to the current sex therapy approaches for clients in recovery from sexual health.
- Describe three strategies to help clients with improving self-image and generate positive experiences during sex.
Presenter Bio Dr. Nazanin Moali, Ph.D., CSEi (she/her) is an internationally-recognized psychologist, sex therapist and podcaster. Her private practice is located in Los Angeles and she specializes in working with couples and individuals struggling with issues related to sexual health and also eating disorders. She hosts a weekly podcast called Sexology introducing the most intriguing findings in the psychology of sex and intimacy.