- Describe symbols of various cultures representing diversities of relationships
- Explain 4 specific issues for individuals involved in open/polyamorous relationships
- List 4 specific strategies addressing these issues
- Write at least 6 specific questions when addressing paraphilic behaviors with patients
- Use and explain 2 specific resources for patients who are in open relationships.
Dr. Marilyn K. Volker, Sexologist for the past thirty-two (32) years is a Diplomat of the American Board of Sexology and an Associate Fellow of The American Academy of Clinical Sexologists. She sits on the faculty of four South Florida universities— University of Miami, Florida International University, St. Thomas University, Barry University—as well as is Associate Professor at The Institute For Advanced Study of Human Sexuality, San Francisco, California, where she received her doctorate in 1991. Dr. Volker trains counselors to become sex therapists through the Florida Post-Graduate Sex Therapy Training Institute and The Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Sexology for Sex Therapists. She has served as sexuality consultant for a variety of addiction treatment facilities state and nationwide and has written articles addressing sexuality issues in recovery. Dr. Volker teaches in the sexuality programs for two medical schools— University of Miami and Ross University and is a doctoral committee member for Union Institute.