There’s a lot in the media presently about the LGBTQ+ community. Even in sexual health spaces, navigating discussions about non-heteronormative health needs is still a hit or miss. Regardless of public perception, the LGBTQ+ community is here to stay. This session will explore ways to be more aware of issues affecting this community and provide practical ways to be more inclusive in your work.
1. Describe 2 approaches that promote effective interdisciplinary LGBTQ+ awareness and inclusive care
2. Discuss psychosexual concerns that may necessitate an interdisciplinary approach, including consultations, collaboration, and referrals when working with LGBTQ+ individuals
3. Explain 2 approaches for discussing health needs in the LGBTQ+ community
4. Describe inclusion-focused language for working with the LGBTQ+ community
5. Discuss the concept of health disparities in sexual health care
6. Discuss the challenges and opportunities of public health needs and its influence in the LGBTQ+ community